Thread: Player Discussion: Changing the team Culture
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2013, 03:34 AM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

vCash: 500
Just checking in, and I know you guys are pissed at management and its probably justified (Im not an Oilers fan so I wouldn't know and won't pretend to) but I will say that you have Scott Howson on board, and he cleaned up the toxic mess that Doug MacLean left him and turned it into a playoff team. Granted, 4 and out, but still. He also handled the Rick Nash and Jeff Carter situations with class and authority and got good returns for both that revolutionized and changed our culture within months of the team being a catastrophic laughing stock of the league. Now we're struggling, but the team's culture is making it known that it won't happen or be tolerated, and it was all started by the moves Howson made.

Now in order to change culture, you may need to swallow some pride and make some hard decisions that the fans may not enjoy, but if the culture really is the issue, it must be done.

I think he will help you guys turn it around. I know he's not GM, but he will have a hand in your turnaround. Best of luck guys.