View Single Post
Old
11-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
How can you be so sure of that? Can you expect him to learn to be a winner in Edmonton? Who will he have to mentor him? What does Edmonton have that's going to take an 18 year old stud of a d-man and turn him into a Norris winner 4-5 years down the line?

We either need a coach with a good reputation for getting results out of players or to make a move to acquire an ESTABLISHED #1 d-man so that someone can be there to insure that he develops properly.

A good example of this would be Adam Larsson. Sports analysts couldn't stop ranting and raving about this guy before he was drafted and now it's looking like Devils fans would be lucky for him to turn into a good #2 d-man.

You can't blame him. He's just had nobody to show him the way to the next level.
Who showed Weber and Suter? Keith and Seabrook? Chara? Pieterangelo?

I'm not gonna say that having a mentor or that playing behind a sound top pairing defenseman doesn't help, but it's not causative.

It would have been nice if we could have put together a top pairing to soak up all the hard matchups while the kids develop that didn't get slaughtered. Petry-Smid was that for a while. Le sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
If the Oilers pick first overall,would you pick Sam Reinhart or Aaron Ekblad?
No question I take Ekblad. With our forward set-up? No question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Can Dal Colle play center? Some sites list him as a C.
He's been playing almost exclusively at LW. Some shifts at center for injury or match penalty situations in game. I think he could play center in the future. He's absolutely surging up the rankings.