View Single Post
Old
11-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Again for Collberg, it's mostly about the kind of player he is. I don't see him thriving in the NHL against guys that are bigger and faster than him. Not big enough, not fast enough, not dynamic enough. Guys like Lehkonen and Hudon aren't the biggest, but they seem to have the "fire" inside to charge to net and go in the tough areas.

I'm a lot less "worried" about McCarron or De La Rose. We won't see them in the NHL next year, but we will eventually.
I still don't see how Collberg is slow, he's not the fastest player ever by any means but I'm always impressed with his skating when I see him and he's healthy. He was sluggish in the last WJC because he was injured.

The one thing I'm really concerned about with Collberg is his hockey IQ, at the adult level he's really struggling to learn how to use his linemates properly.

There's reasons to be skeptical but I still think he has a much higher offensive upside than McCarron and DLR, but he could go either way. Look at Jakob Silfverberg for instance, he had crappy stats until he turned into a PPG player the year he turned 21. You can't really compare Collberg and De La Rose beyond the fact that they are both Swedes.