View Single Post
Old
11-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I know Buffalo is stacked on D with regards to prospects, but Ekblad looks like the current BPA. Are we certain they'd pass on him?

I think there is a very real possibility that we might be choosing from one of the forward prospects in the draft (I have my doubts that we reach for a D-man or trade down).
I think conventional wisdom states that if you're picking at the top of the draft, you take a forward. I think we know this to be true. We're just in a situation where we should draft for need, and need just happens to be that 6'4 Manchild on the blue line. How perfect.

I fully expect Buffalo to take Reinhart or any of the surging forward contenders (Dal Colle right now... was Bennett before him). They're struggling so hard to fill the net and their defensecore is ridiculous. I just can't see them taking another defensemen after Ristolainen and Zadarov previously.

Florida I'm worried about. I hope they're stung from taking Gudbranson, but IMO their forward cupboard looks pretty good. They surprised taking Barkov though over Jones, so who knows.

We've seen defensemen fall in the top end of the draft too. Larsson, Jones; and Ekblad isn't as offensively dynamic as Jones is (although dat cannon... mph) Maybe that tradition continues and we luck out at 3 or 4.

If Ekblad isn't there, we need to fill a 2nd line center/Top-6 forward prospect hole. Someone who's big and competes hard. Dal Colle looks like a fit.