View Single Post
Old
11-11-2013, 07:20 PM
  #228
Krams
outrageous
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albany County
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
The point is this whole thing started because he failed to mention a hit. We have been on a win streak. What's the problem on the board? We've looked dominant and still things pop up to complain about.

I'm not taking it personally. It's irritating coming on here after a win and watching people continue to whine about absolutely nothing.
It's been bugging me for quite some time. I didn't watch the game live last night, but watching the highlights was just the straw that broke the camel's back. It certainly wasn't the spontaneous, random, unfounded criticism you make it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
He makes mistakes on names sometimes. My point was so does every announcer.
Sure, it happens occasionally, but from the games I've watched and broadcasters I've listened to, not with anywhere near the frequency of Sam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
He likes to reminisce and that bothers people. My point is he has a rich history of the club and of hockey in general. Pointing that out as negative shows a lack of refinement, yes. I don't know what else it would show. If you substitute that with someone who just does play by play you'll get people on here complaining that the announcer doesn't have enough personality and hockey knowledge.
Lack of refinement?

Reminiscing is fine. Getting involved in entire ****ing discussions with the color guy and subsequently neglecting your actual job and missing important plays is not fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I fail to see where Sam is being less and less attentive... His sharpness with names? Players change their jersey numbers. This season there are a lot of new faces, a lot of new jersey numbers. Every announcer struggles with this.
Jersey numbers are the least of my concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
What else? That he should be describing what a "doozy" a hit is right after its made?
Considering that was the biggest hit of the season to this point, yes. His job is play-by-play. PLAY BY PLAY. Ignoring the hit entirely is objectively bad announcing if you consider why play-by-play guys are hired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
The point is why is this even a point. We won. Sam is as dynamic of an announcer as they come. He makes similar mistakes to all announcers.
Dynamic? I mean, if you want to defend Sam because you think he holds some sort of nostalgic and sentimental value, that's fine. I think you're wrong, but that's fine. But legitimately characterizing Sam as dynamic at this point in his career? LOL.

And once again, you revert to stating your opinion as it is a matter of fact. "Hey guys, why are we still arguing this? I already informed you of my opinion, I figured that would be enough to cease all discussion on the topic for the remainder of time."


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
What's next? Why don't we complain about the MSG closed captioning typist for making so many typos.

After that let's fire the organ player for playing the same song at every game.

Finally let's fire the equipment manager cause you can't see the sticks on the telecast.

Strawmen! Strawmen galore!

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote