View Single Post
Old
11-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Professor John Frink

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
My main goal is not to trade from a surplus. I'm actually thinking Andersen might soon give us a better chance to win.

Yes there's a risk with injuries and general unprovenness (especially playoff unprovenness), but Hiller has also been pretty mediocre recently.

edit: Just to clarify. I think now Andersen~Hiller >=Fasth. I think by the end of the year, with some more games under his belt, it will be Andersen > Hiller >= Fasth. If I felt Hiller was better I would be fine keeping him through UFA and getting nothing for him.
I guess I just think people here are anointing Anderson as a sure #1 after 6 NHL games. Teams haven't seen him, don't know his tendencies. Just seems like some very short sighted thinking and a mere desire to not allow Hiller to walk for nothing. Sending Anderson down doesn't hurt anything. It won't ruin him nor Gibson. I'm just missing the angle and need I guess.

On top of that my guess is you wouldn't get more than a high draft pick and a salary dump for Hiller. Draft picks aren't a huge need at this point.