View Single Post
11-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Steel your Habs away
vCash: 725
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
2012 draft might need to be re-evaluated. It'll likely be regarded as a good draft from getting Galchenyuk but it isn't looking as 'sexy' as it did an year ago. Collberg seems to light up his age group but can't do well against men. Thrower fell off the map last season but seems to be back on track in his overage year in the WHL. Bozon struggling to put up points after being one of the leagues highest scorers the previous 2 seasons. Vail having a decent season. Hudon seems to be feeling the pains of playing on a bad team. Nystrom might get a contract soon, from what I've seen more skilled than I anticipated.
Every draft should. Still too soon to tell. But for everybody who has been around this board, 2012 was probably the only draft when everybody were ecstatic about it. CLEARLY, that 2012 draft was a draft day. But like most of us keep saying, it's great to declare a winner at draft day, but everybody knows this is not where it count the's how they'll end up 4, 5, 6 years down the road of that draft. But 2012 was surely incredibly exciting to be a part of. I still have a lot of faith in Collberg. Thrower looked like a great package of offensive IQ and toughness despite the semi-small stature. Bozon looked like this great naturel scorer, Vail a future Chipchura and Hudon at that rank, was a steal. Nystrom...nobody knew him. But it's not too far fetch that outside of Galchenyuk, the best players to come out of that draft would be the last 2. This is going all over the place for that draft, it's pretty spectacular. But if it can drop like can probably go up again. We'll see.