View Single Post
Old
11-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnTHW View Post
Thanks. They were very emotional times to say the least. What a special young man and for my opinion the 2nd best goalie to play for us after Bernie. Yep you heard me right, If he had lived we would have won at least two cups hands down. That was a special group of young men who could really play as a team and Pelle was their backbone and kindred spirit. I to remember the phone call from my best pal telling me the bad news. I called another pal of mine who was and still is today on the Magnolia Fire Company who was at the scene. We all wore suits to the first game at the Spectrum after his death for his service. I still have the service and game on tape and inside the cover along with the tape is the game ticket. By chance alone that game ticket had Pelle on it. So instead of tearing the stub off they just marked the back of the ticket. Pretty nice of them to do that. We all cried that night knowing that we lost a very fine young man and for selfish reasons knowing without him our hopes for a cup were most likely dashed.
RIP Pelle

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote