Thread: Line Combos: Is there a logical reason...
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Fire Shero*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
No, its just laughable that when the Penguins actually do get a Top 6 capable and proven winger, you want to put him on the 3rd him. Yeah, put our leading (tied for) scoring winger who's shown chemistry and finishing ability with Malkin on the third line.

I'm not trying to screw Bennett out of Top 6 time...but come on, you're nuts for wanting him in the Top 6 and Jokinen on the 3rd line. If there is anyone that needs out of the Top 6 right now, it's Dupuis, not Jokinen.

At times, people here go too far the other way when considering where and when to play the youth. People were all for Tangradi being shoved down the Top 6 throat and he was terrible...but people ignored it. People wanted the same thing with Staal. Now people want Bennett in the Top 6 for the pure sake of having youth in the Top 6. Such delusion that people are willing to ignore the fact that Jokinen is our top scoring winger.
Agreed. But look at his competition. Dupuis is a joke and Koon seemed to still be on vacation until the last 5 games.

I don't know if Bennett has proven enough to earn a spot on the top 6 on most teams. But it's come to the point where Dupuis has to be demoted and until Neal comes back, there's a huge a hole there. We need to get Malkin going. So id try Bennett with him. Crosby can play with worthless players, malkin can't. Something has to change. I'm glad we are 10th in scoring but look at their games against playoff teams, they aren't scoring much. They potted a lot against the crappy teams in the beginning of the season.

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote