View Single Post
Old
12-21-2006, 09:29 AM
derbyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I think that it could go either way. It might work out awesome, or it might be a disaster.

The thing to remember with Burlington, is that you've got a lot of neighbouring areas which are huge hockey towns. Oakville being it's immediate neighbour with a population of around 150,000, and Milton to the north with a population of around 60,000. Together, thats a workable fan base of over 350,000.

Also you have to remember how rich, or high off the residents of Oakville and many parts of Burlington are. Their is a ton of money flowing through the Halton area. But also, that unlike Mississauga or Hamilton, their really isn't a lot to do in Oakville or Burlington. As a resident of Oakville (which mise well be Burlington to), we as residents usually have to go to Toronto or Hamilton, say if we want to see a professional sports team (Jays, Argos, Ti-cats, Leafs, Bulldogs, etc).

But on the other hand, I do agree that the track record of GTA suburbs really isn't great, so that has to be a concern.
Thing is, those cities surround Mississauga as well. Milton, Oakville, Georgetown etc. Yet the Dogs don't seem to draw much of a crowd from disinterested residents.
I currently live in Oakville, and was raised in Missy, and I can tell you there's just as much to do in both towns.
Unless you've got a car in Mississauga, you ain't going nowhere. Even then, it's only the malls to go to.

derbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote