View Single Post
Old
12-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Brock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbyfan View Post
Thing is, those cities surround Mississauga as well. Milton, Oakville, Georgetown etc. Yet the Dogs don't seem to draw much of a crowd from disinterested residents.
I currently live in Oakville, and was raised in Missy, and I can tell you there's just as much to do in both towns.
Unless you've got a car in Mississauga, you ain't going nowhere. Even then, it's only the malls to go to.
While that is true, the Hershey centre is quite the drive for people in Oakville because it's deep in the heart of Sauga, not just in Clarkson or something. I've been there quite a few times and even without traffic it's nearly a half hour drive. People mise well go see the Bulldogs, because Copps Coliseum in Hamilton isn't THAT much further. I can tell you that's the main reason I don't support the Ice Dogs, because it's to far. I'm an OHL fanatic and I'll go to one Ice Dog game a year, because it's just not worth the commute.

Burlington is a lot closer in proximity, with most parts of Burlington accessible by car within 10 minutes, the edge of Burlington (like Brant st.) 15 minutes.

Same goes for Milton, as Burlington would be MUCH closer. The Halton region acts as a pretty knit unit and it would be much easier for people in that area to see a team out of Burlington, than it would be to drive to the Hershey Center.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote