Thread: Prospect Info: 2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread
View Single Post
11-12-2013, 09:21 AM
A World Alone
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
What are your guys' thoughts on Martin Jones? He's been getting the slow cooking treatment that has proven to be so effective for developing goalies in the past and he looks to be one of the best goalies in the AHL this year.

Do you see him being Quick's backup next season? If he is, hopefully he re-signs again and the Kings show case him to they can potentially get something good for him, seeing as how he likely won't be taking Quick's job any time soon.
Taken the next step. Putting it all together. Goalies progress slower. Writing Jones off means you're an idiot. Big goalie, fundamentally sound, and very calm in the net.

I'm a goalie myself and I critique the position very hard. He NEEDS to be more aggressive. Having your toes in the middle of the crease doesn't work. My rule of thumb was heels at the top of the crease. Cut down the angle and shooters see zero net. That's his only real flaw.

He'll most certainly challenge Scrivens next year.

Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
Just curious about Andrew Campbell.

If we were to call him up to the big club, could he hang?
Is he underrated? Or is he strictly a minor-leaguer?

Thanks for any response.
Hard to say. He's a rock at the AHL level and I'd certainly rather see him over Schultz but until he plays a game, I just can't tell with him. He's a guy you don't notice all game and that's the biggest compliment I can give a defensive defenseman. But who knows how he does vs a faster speed at the NHL level.