View Single Post
Old
11-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo View Post
I certainly wouldn't count Collberg out. Swedish league stats are notoriously difficult to interpret, and it can certainly happen that a prospect doesn't get great icetime and then comes to NA and fares much better. He is still practicing, etc, with the team -- I don't think his development year is being completely wasted.

This year is a good opportunity for Thrower to be a leader on his team. He seems to be up to the challenge so far. I don't think we could have hoped for a better season for him (unless, I suppose, he was in the AHL).

Nystrom -- by all reports it's pretty impressive what he's doing with the Dogs given his age, even if his stats don't tell us much. Sounds like he works harder than Avtsin did, and the fact that he signed a PTO for 25 games shows commitment. Really too early to tell with him, though.

Vail/Bozon -- not sure what to think. I doubt either will be a top line scorer in the NHL, but what do I know! As for Hudon, could be anything from a Gallagher to a Corey Locke.

I'd say it's still one of our most intriguing drafts in quite some time.
Hudon is a smart enough player that he will be a contributing NHLer one way or another unless his body doesn't allow him to(injuries). He's a guy I think could play as a checking/shutdown line if needed or a more offensive 2nd line role.