Old
11-12-2013, 10:21 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
Bozon scored. His line has looked good.
I watched some of the game, thought he was playing well and the goal was a nice setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Reway seems to have good speed and unteachable-level high puck skill. I don't see the issue with work ethic in highlights/preseason play since to me he seems pretty relentless with the stickcheck/forecheck and goes after guys non-stop/not afraid of being physical play. I can't say I've seen him in the Q so can't comment there. Pretty good release/backhand too. For a mid round pick, he is really intriguing. The puck-hogging and being too fancy are things that are theoretically most easily fixed as opposed to teaching skill to a disciplined player.
I've noticed several times where he isn't moving his feet, and doesn't always seem to have a good effort in his own end. The skill and speed are high but he needs to round out the rest of his game. He's got a lot of time to do that though and he's easily one of our most exciting prospects to watch as he can make things happen out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo View Post
Nystrom -- by all reports it's pretty impressive what he's doing with the Dogs given his age, even if his stats don't tell us much. Sounds like he works harder than Avtsin did, and the fact that he signed a PTO for 25 games shows commitment. Really too early to tell with him, though.
I wouldn't call it impressive, he just turned 20 but hasn't been that good imo. At this point I'd be a bit surprised if he got a NHL contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiCats View Post
Is anyone following Mac Bennett?

Before camp I read an interview with Red Berensen where he said he expected Bennett to be a dominant player in the NCAA this year, even a top 10 player and candidate for the Hobey Baker. He's the captain at Michigan but I haven't read much on here. Three assists in eight games so far is the stat line, does anyone have more info / opinion? Unfortunately it feels like Kristo 2.0 but on defence.
Saw him once this year but I've seen a lot of him over the years going back to his USHL days. As for him being a Hobey Baker candidate, I highly doubt it going into the season so my opinion would remain that way. I don't know what Kristo has to do with Bennett as they are nothing alike other then both were Hab draft picks that played 4 years in the NCAA and 1 year in the USHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
He might be one of those players great in junior but doesn't have what it takes for the NHL. Calvin de Haan captained his team and even team Canada and is a bust. I don't expect Mac Bennett to play in the NHL. At 5'11" 180lbs is very small for a defenceman. Francis Bouillon is 5'8" but is 200lbs. Bennett isn't exactly the fastest guy either. At 22 years old, Bennett should have bulk up.

Bennett is:
-small
-slow
-not offensive
-not defensive
-has leadership
Most of what you said is wrong. Bennett is not slow by any means, he was known for his offensive abilities, Michigan so far has struggled to score at times especially on the PP but Bennett is a puck moving defensemen as he's great at rushing the puck up ice which he does a good bit. His defensive game has grown by leaps and bounds since he was drafted, to the point that he's very good in his own end positionally as he's smart. Also he's said that he came into camp the biggest and strongest he's ever been.