View Single Post
11-12-2013, 10:25 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
haha you seem like a good kid, so I'll actually admit I do like Ironbound, and all the Rodizio spots. But yeah, right around the Rock is kinda zzzzz unless you want to get heckled at the Devils bars with your Kreider jersey on.
Ironbound is great. My overall favorite place to have dinner is Fernandes. Rodizio... and AMAZING paella with rice, scallops, clams, mussels, shrimp, lobster claws, and lobster tail. Holy crap.

Anyway.. The area around the Rock (besides the bars) is no bueno. Two years ago I was standing outside the bar and a family from Finland walked up to me... they were cousins of Anssi Salmela and were there to watch him play and were asking me where they could shop in the area.... I pointed in the direction of Ironbound and said "Everything's in Portuguese in that direction but there's good food." Then I pointed at Broad St and said "There's stores in that direction... but PLEASE don't go there." They said they would take a look around and walked down to Broad St. I never saw them again and to this day I think I may have sent a cute Finnish family to their death.