View Single Post
Old
11-12-2013, 10:32 AM
district9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I've talked about this before, but I agree with the concerns that he's never played forward before.

But looking at his offensive game, he sure looks like a forward. Aside from the odd home-run pass he doesn't generate much from the back end and he is pretty awful on the offensive blue line. But he is excellent on the rush when he plays like a forward and he has a good wrist shot.

So, I'd say his skillset is probably more suited to forward than defenceman - unlike say Erik Karlsson, who is more suited as a defenceman despite his offensive talent because he needs to have the puck a lot and his breakout game is one of his bigger strengths - but considering that he has never played the position it is probably too late to switch. Although it is likely easier to shift from D to F than the other way around.
Where do you put DZ in the lineup if you switch him? Gilroy made sense when Torts would use him as a forward because you can easily slot him on the 4th line. I guess I'd be much happier with DZ than say...Pyatt on that 4th line wing, but would he play that role well? I could see it working out but could also DEFINITELY see it blowing up.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote