View Single Post
Old
01-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Sather did shake-up the lines, JR..

or did you miss that shift in which Lindros centered Rucinsky and Kovalev and Holik centered Barnaby and Simon?

Funny thing about that is that in my opinion, as many have already read my thoughts but I'll say it again, Rucinsky should be paired with Holik and Kovalev with Lindros. Why? Rucinsky fast and a good backchecker - maskes sense when you're 'supposed' to go against top lines. Add Barnaby there as an agitator and because he's a better skater and better defensively than Simon. That basically recreates the Brylin-Holik-McKay line that was so successful in Jersey.

Then you keep Simon at Lindros' left. On that line, given Kovalev and Lindros going, Simon can get 20 goals. You can get a good cycle down-low with those three. You get a crowded front of the net with big bodies. You have a playmaker. A guy who can get scraps from in front of the net. You have guys who can abuse the defenses. And more importantly, you have a top line and you're not asking Kovalev to check top lines (and be expected to score) anymore.

But it doesn't matter. Goaltending will be/is worn out and the defense will always suck.

Yeah MJ, no Poti, but I actually think he's been as good if not better defensively than Leetch this season. Glad he scored a goal, but he's all but lost it out there defensively.