View Single Post
Old
11-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Ozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
...have to wait until 11pm to play tonight. Argh!

One of the opposing skaters is playing net against me tomorrow night in my top division game. We're the 2 best teams and everyone has been waiting for and talking about the 2nd meeting since our last game (edged 'em 2-1 in a shootout). Our goalie is better, their skaters are faster overall, but ultimately we're very even up and down the lineup. Anything can happen and whichever way it goes it's hard to feel bad because these are always the best games we have.

The smack talk has been going on for a few weeks but the goalie and I will have some words tonight I'm sure Most of us between the two teams are friends and frequent teammates anyway, so it's all in good fun. When there's actual animosity and dislike between teams, we never talk to each other unless chirping in a game.
Last night, "that guy" and his team got us. But tonight in the top division, my 'real' team took his out 7-6 in a shootout. Play was a bit sloppy for both teams' standards and it just stayed that way. I opened scoring for us on a breakaway after beating the lone D-man on the RW, sending the puck through him to center and picking it up on a one-touch backhand snap. Went top shelf/far corner. Later got a 2nd one on a breakaway I poked past another defenseman, again on the RW side. Went in forehand, faked backhand and shot on the forehand. Goalie totally bought it and went completely the other way