Kevin Lowes sorry record for the Oilers...
View Single Post
11-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Evil Empire
Originally Posted by
4 years in the playoffs out of 13 and that is including his year as coach where he took over not a bad team.
- Offer sheeted Vanek (would have cost us multiple 1st rounders.)
- Offer sheeted Penner
- Chased Heatley trade (thank god that fell through)
- Chased Nylander (thank god that fell through), blasted Nylanders wife for going crazy. Had a hand in putting out an embarrassing full page ad in the paper at the time threatening legal action.
- Didn't listen top Pronger when half way through the year he said he wanted out after the season. Acted shocked after the request was reiterated and then made a trade horribly quick when he had all the cards. Bad mouth Pronger and his wife.
- Tried to make Comrie cough up 2 million to be traded to Anaheim in a deal that was going to net us Corry Perry and a 1st rounder.
- Black balled Souray for having the gall to question the medical team and management.
- Black balled Omark for having the gall to question the team.
- Publicly blasted Burke in a most embarrassing interview even bashing Bobby Ryan in the process.
- After getting asked the 1st tough question in 10 years during MacT's hire press conference he goes bat shi* talking about tiers of fans, management dream teams, that half the NHL would switch rosters and his 6 rings.
- Hired and fired Tambo
- Still at the top for the Quinn, Renney, Kruger hirings and firings.
- Hired rookie gm formerly a under achieving coach with part of one year of front office experience as a vice president in charge of something.
- Hired a former assistant GM who was a fail in Columbus.
- Tries to acquire anything with an oil king jersey on it.
- Allowed, encouraged forced, two crappy assistants on each coach over the last 5 years.
- Did not shop Ryan Smyth around when he was dealt but took the trade 'that is in my back pocket'
- How could I forget this one...Signed Horcoff to huge money and long term deal coming off a shoulder injury and assuming he was going to be better than he ever was before at any part of his career.
I'm sure there's more.
You've completely overlooked Lowe's brilliance at the draft.
-Alexei Mikhnov 17th overall. 9 of the 13 players drafted after him in round 1 went on to significant NHL careers, not a single pick below him played fewer NHL games than Mikhnov.
-Jesse Niinimaki, 15th overall. 0 NHL games played, never even threatened to make an NHL roster. 9 of the remaining 15 picks played at least 230 games.
-Most legendary of all, passing on Zach Parise to trade down and draft Marc-Antoine Pouliot, who proved to be one of the only busts in the best draft in the last 30 years. Parise or Getzlaf were lost by trading down, Richards, Kesler, and Perry were passed on in favour of Pouliot.
-Drafted Rob Schremp at 25 instead of his London teammate Dave Bolland, who went a few picks later.
-Came away from the 2007 draft with Alex Plante and Riley Nash in the first round, both busts. Max Pacioretty, Mikael Backlund, and David Perron were taken immediately after Nash.
View Public Profile
Kyle McMahon's albums
Find More Posts by Kyle McMahon