View Single Post
Old
11-13-2013, 08:36 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebandit View Post
Hi

Thinking of getting a mini pad, has anyone played on any synthetic ice in the last two years, like from manufacturers Global, EZ Glide 350 or Xtraice or others.

Just wondering if the technology has come on it the last couple of years, I know its never going to be like real ice but as long as it is similar.

Aware now, its hard to go backwards, more friction, flakes of plastic, wears down blades quick.

Anyone played on the Hockey loft setup?
I have a Global Synthetic setup in my basement for goalie training purposes and I am very satisfied with it. I would compare the surface to that of an ice rink after 20 minutes of use.

The one thing that I've been very pleased with is that it doesn't dull my blades nearly as much as I was expecting it to. I figured that after a 30 minute skating session that my blades would be completely dull, but I have been able to play a full game the next day without getting the blades sharpened.

It is difficult to skate backwards, but it really forces you to get deep into your stance, otherwise you are going to have a very tough time going backwards.

One of the "dangers" is that if you track any of the shavings from the surface to any floor that isn't carpeted, it becomes very slick from the lubricant in the synthetic.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote