View Single Post
Old
11-13-2013, 10:16 AM
creml
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Had to create an account just to join the discussion!

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Zetterberg - Bäckström - Steen
Landeskog - Berglund - Franzen
Hagelin - Kruger - Alfredsson
Johansson, Hörnqvist

Those are the forward lines I'd go with where i would consider them 1A/1B and 3A/3B regarding ice time and PP/PK duties. The Sedin line would obviously have pure offensive duties meaning PP1 and offensive starts. The Bäckström line I would consider second PP/scoring line while I would also give them main shutdown duties against the Crosbys and Malkins since they're all very skilled two way players. If capable of all that ice time Zetterberg/Steen would also be a great PK pairing.

The third line are three big bodies all playing a pretty straight forward hockey and putting alot of pucks on the net, also i could see Landeskog/Berglund as a PK pair. The fourth line I see as a nice combination of speed and responsible two way play, don't really like putting Alfredsson there but i see him playing alot of PP with the Bäckström line so that would compensate. Hagelin/Kruger would be good together on the PK.

Ekman Larsson - Karlsson
Kronwall - Brodin
Hjalmarsson - Oduya
Edler, Hedman

When it comes to defensive pairings I have a hard time making up my mind but I think this would work. Ekman Larsson - Karlsson might be a bit redundant on the same pairing but they're both good defensively too and should play alot of minutes in all situations except from too much tiring PK.

Kronwall - Brodin is a sound second pairing who can play all situations although i think Alfredsson should take Brodin's spot on the PP.

The third pair is mainly there for PK and defensive minutes. Oduya might not be top 6 based on skill but I think him and Hjalmarsson playing together on a regular basis is worth more than having for example Hedman in that position.

Lundqvist
Enroth
Fasth

Not much to discuss there really, Fasth could of course be switched for Lehner or someone else.