View Single Post
Old
11-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Stizzle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Him, Staal, Bergeron, Steen, Little and Bolland are far and away playing the best of any centres in the NHL from a defensive standpoint so far this year. (Maybe Vermette as well could be thrown in there.)

And he is among the best PKing forwards in the whole NHL by far if advanced stats are looked at. Him, Nielsen, Grabner, Eberle, Higgins, Dupuis and Sutter are a cut above (though Read, Staal, Cooke and Korpikoski are close to those guys.) everyone else. And non of those other guys have to do half as much PKing as Couts.

He is also among the top 25~ guys in FO% so far this season as well. (I have him at 23 for guys with over 200 taken, which is around 80 guys.)

Him, Eller, Andersson and Johanson are the only guys under 25 in the league with good faceoff figures.

So overall after last year being arguably top 10 defensively among NHL forwards, first year being very impressive, and this year seemingly climbing into the top 5 and one of the most versatile defensively (in terms of being top ten in both EV and PK.)... pretty damn impressive for a guy his age.

If he can put up 50 points regularly while maintaining his defensive play he should win Selkes. (though tbh since the lockout the Selke IMO has become a bit of a joke.)

I quoted some of this in the never ending Couturier vs Zibanajed thread. I gave you total credit. I hope this is ok.