View Single Post
Old
11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
JLP
Refugee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
I took my numbers from behindthenet and looking at them again I now see that they have Bouillon at 16 games played so I guess it hasn't been updated with the stats from the last couple of games.

But in any case it's unfair to Murray to just look at the pure GA/60 since at the start of the season the team was playing much better. Murray has missed out on those games where the team didn't give up much and instead has the games where we've been slumping making up the majority of his games. So you'd expect his numbers to be worse. Which is why I compared the GA/60 when they are on the ice to when they are off the ice. Goals against went up for Bouillon and down for Murray's case.
I agree, good point that Murray's sample comes from a bad stretch for the Habs. Some people are sort of jumping to conclusions on a small and unfavorably selective sample size. Is a seasonal breakdown stat like GA/60 the correct tool to evaluate a Murray when he's barely played a total of 60 minutes with the Habs? It's distorted, like like using a thumbnail image to print a poster.

Of course Murray will benefit from playing with an agile partner hope that happens we need to beef up on D (and elsewhere, wait till we start playing Boston and Toronto more). Continuing my tangent, for "beef up" reasons I'd also like to see Pateryn in some games -- it's interesting Pateryn was 2nd in scoring on the Habs in the preseason (had one pretty bad game though), and when he came up last week he was leading all Dogs in scoring.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote