View Single Post
Old
11-13-2013, 09:04 PM
slipknottin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I think they WILL have to...just not today. When McIlrath shows that he's ready to displace someone for a regular shift in the top 6, then they will have to make a decision. MDZ is one of my favorite players, but if Marc Staal is playing like Marc Staal (a #1 defenseman--he is just as good as McDonagh when healthy and on his game), you don't move him just because he would bring a better return.

As for Moore, if he doesn't start doing something with his minutes, he might be the odd man out when the time comes. Getting a 2nd round pick or a good prospect for Moore (while keeping a left side of McD/Staal/MDZ) is potentially a better thing than sacrificing on D in order to get a forward. (particularly with the way our forwards have been playing--Kreider/Hagelin have been doing well on the left, and Zuc/Callahan have been great on the right. Add Nash to that? Maybe Miller if he keeps developing? We could be in fine shape for a run if this group keeps coming together).
I dont see Moore being an odd man out, at least not for another 2 seasons at a minimum. Hes going to be too inexpensive, and not valuable enough to trade for anything substantial. And at 22 years old, there really is no reason to move him for a prospect, as he is still really a prospect. As is MDZ.

Going forward, they still need forwards, they dont really have any high end prospects left after Kreider, Miller may have 2nd line sort of upside. Kristo perhaps. But Richards probably is gone after this season, and that leaves depth issues at center again, and they still need depth on wing.

I would argue strong center depth is always more valuable than D depth

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote