View Single Post
Old
11-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
I strongly doubt you'll even see a highlight reel of defensive plays by the best defensive forwards in the game, so that's a terrible argument. Hitchcock isn't a defense-only coach, he is a puck-possession coach. The Blues are top 10 in the league in goals scored, pretty good for a team coached by a "defense-only" coach.

I take it you haven't seen a single Blues game this year? Ask any Blues fan like myself, and they'll say Tarasenko has improved leaps and bounds in terms of his all-around play. He backchecks hard, and his positioning is solid. Tarasenko has not been a disappointment in the slightest.
What you appear to be saying is that he is not playing as badly as his scoring stats would indicate. That he's doing his job as a backchecker. What you may not be aware of is when he played for Sibir and the 2011 WJC Gold Medal team, he was considered to be a potential offensive star! My question is, if he's not contributing to the offense, what is it about his defensive game that should qualify him, and not others, to be appointed to the Olympic team in a checker role?