View Single Post
Old
11-14-2013, 11:39 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGreenGiant View Post
I've always said I wanted him to retire as a Hab. But at the same time, keeping Markov means we can't go for free agents. I have my eye on Girardi, and can see the Rangers move him if they struggle to maintain a winning record and a playoff spot. I think having Prust in our line-up would help a lot to acquire Girardi. Both were leaders of under Torts, and play a similar game and I'm sure they are good friends. Is that enough to make him accept the sur-tax situation in Quebec? not sure, but I like to think so.

Anyway, I'd be cautious in regards to the length of the term. I'd go for 2 years, 10mil. Previously mentioned by another poster, I like the 3 years, with decreasing salary but I think that starting at 6mil is just too much. I like 5, 4.5, 3.5 for the next 3 years. Let's not forget that he was paid a huge amount of money while being injured for the most part of his contract. I hope this will be taken into consideration during negotiations.

Girardi is a downgrade from Markov though... Although there's no reason as to why we couldnt have a top4 or Subban/Markov Emelin/Girardi. There is ample cap space and most of our best forwards are on entry level contracts.

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote