View Single Post
Old
11-14-2013, 12:48 PM
admire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
Roy will be the coach in the Olympics and WC. After the WC I am not sure, I think he has a contract that expires in end of 2014.

Yes, he has donem a good job with the National team. The players believe in him and the system he use. I would like to see him be our coach for 10 more years, but I think the end is near for him now. I know he had his thoughts before he signed his extension, so I can’t see him signing another one. But I hope I’m wrong.

I don’t think Skrøder or Trygg has any coaching plans, but I see two or three possible coaches taking over when Roy steps down. One of them is Petter Thoresen (Patricks father). He has coached our U-20 team and taken them up to the elite U-20 WC one time before, and have won a couple of trophy’s in the Norwegian league.

Espen Knutsen (Currently coach for Norwegian team Vålerenga) is also a candidate, but I think he needs some more experience before he takes over. Dan Tangnes is also a candidate for this job, he has experience from being head coach for Røgle in Allsvenskan and SHL.

If the new Danish coach does a good job in the next WC’s (and a good chance for that happening) he can stay with the Danish team for a long time, I can only assume that the Danish Hockey association would like to have a coach staying for a long time.

Yep, with the lack of good D-men things can be very difficult. And I think the number one priority for our national team the next WC now will be to survive in the elite WC (not aim for quarterfinal like the Norwegian media is talking about every year). I hope for the best.

Is Duus still playing? I remember him from Denmark’s first elite WC in 2003 (And he played in 2004 as well?). He have played a lot of World championships games for Denmark along with Jesper Damgård hasn’t he?
We have had great success with having a manager for shorter tints (compared to roy).

Duus retired at the age if 44 late last year. There were talk about a comeback only a few months later but i don't follow the danish league so im not sure if he played again. I remember him playing 40+ minutes per game for the danish national team several times. While being in his late thirties-early forties . So while he played a lot with damgaard, he played a lot with every body ..he retired from the national squad after 2004 but then made s comeback in 2010. Was invited in 2012 but ended up declining because he didn't have the time for another big tournament. A legend and so vital in our rise from division b.
Which still to this day is the biggest thing to ever happen to danish hockey.

admire is offline   Reply With Quote