View Single Post
Old
11-14-2013, 02:37 PM
burf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Well what's frustrating right now is that we definitely have some ingredients for a good bottom 6. Smith, Pageau or Zibanejad work as 3rd line Cs. Smith or Grant work as 4th line Cs (don't think you're giving Grant enough credit). Neil has obviously been disappointing this year but I think his game vastly improves when you slide him into a 4th line role where he can actually contribute as a pugilists in 10 minutes or less a night.

Then there's the injured Condra who can slide in either side on either line. IMO, that's 4/6 spots adequately filled. We should be able to split the difference between Greening, Hoffman, Conacher, and who ever is left from the centers in Zibanejad (probably best he continues to learn the wing), Pageau or Grant. Of course, Kassian will get some games but realistically they can start limiting this.

I'd go Conacher-Smith-Zibanejad, Condra - Grant - Neil. Should be able to get some offense from that 3rd and give defensive zone starts to the 4th.

Gotta get them going somehow.
The only problem is that then you're sticking Spezza with Greening and Michalek, which has been a disaster this year.

I'd prefer to see:

Mac-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Spezza-Zibanejad
Greening-Smith-Michalek
Condra-Grant-Neil

Michalek showed some chemistry with Smith, while he's shown 0 with Spezza this year. Conacher and Zibanejad are both good puck possession players, which Spezza desperately needs on his line.

burf is offline   Reply With Quote