View Single Post
Old
11-14-2013, 02:56 PM
hockey365

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
There are really 4 good forwards on Quebec's entire roster. Duclair being their best (some say Adam Erne is better but I disagree), Nicholas Sorensen, and Fabrice Herzog (I think that's how you spell it). Their roster is VERY mediocre outside those 4. They are all older than Tony as well.

It's also more that Duclair's just not a pass first guy. He's their go to goal guy. He's their Ovechkin, really. He's got some good complimentary guys, one on his level (Erne is his Backstrom), and that's it.

I'm very pleased with his play. Especially because at first, I thought he was mostly a product of Mikhail Grigorenko's play, and that his draft stats are more of the norm.
Actually, Duclair is more of a creative than scorer. But he can do both very well and at very high speed. Having seen him play for the past 4 yrs, he likes to pass more than shooting. His coach asked him to shoot more to pass. Just look at his stats the past 2 yrs, 51G, 65A. Same at lower levels.

Playing with Grigoranko, they complemented each other, Grigo wouldn't have the stats without Dukes and vice and versa.

Roy tried putting Erne and Sorensen with Grigo, it didn't work, he always came back to Dukes.