View Single Post
Old
11-14-2013, 03:51 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Since he's matched up against 3rd/4th liners those 28 shots against aren't the same quality as Subbans 24. So Subban/Markov should still pull the team ahead.
Allowing that shot quality between first- and fourth-liner is a real thing, yes. But being unable to outshoot fourth-liners to the extent that you undo the positive impact of four PK Subbans? Not a good sign.

Quote:
I guess the term PWF means different things to different people. I don't want Murray going up against a Lucic, but I'd rather Murray go up against Neil than Bouillon.
A power forward is a bit of a mythical creature, but I wouldn't classify a guy like Neil, who doesn't score much, as being one. He's more of an agitator.

Quote:
Emelin might make it less of an issue, though even last year with a healthy Emelin it was an issue though not as bad.
It really wan't much of an issue at all.

Quote:
As for players filling a role, I disagree. Having a worse "overall" player who is specialized in a certain aspect of the game can be better for the team overall. For example having someone who can be QB a power play whose bad defensively can be better for a team than a player simply ok both offensively and defensively.
Okay, but here you have two players who are about the same value, just distributed differently. But Murray is awful offensively and awful defensively. His value is pretty much negative, to the point where he hurts the team practically every time he's on the ice. You could call up someone from the AHL and expect them to do better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The thing with Murray is, he missed a lot of time, including training camp, so it's like he is in preseson stage. Not being fsat to begin with it's a harder adjustment for him to get back up to speed.
I'll grant that he can improve. He still has some room to do so before I label him "as bad as I feared".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Parros is in a similar situation, he played half of one game and went out for a month, put him in a tough spot in terms of timing. Again, a guy that's worth having on your roster for tough games.
Parros is essentially Georges Laraque with better PR. He's about as effective on the ice, outside of fighting.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote