View Single Post
Old
11-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Subban is pretty damn effective no matter how he is used. But there's as big a dropoff between Markov and the bottom 4 as there is between Subban and Markov.
This.

Subban makes Markov a lot better. On the flipside, it doesn't matter who Subban plays with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
During Markov's last contract negotiation he told Meehan that he wanted to play in Montreal and no where else and to get it done. He has always been a great member of this organization and a class act.
It would be a real shame should he not retire a Hab. While everyone raves about Subban and they should, Markov has been Montreal's best Dman this season. Any player who can chew up 25 minutes of ice time effectively playing in all situations cannot simply be allowed to walk.
If the guy absolutely wants to retire a Hab... sure. Sign him.

But I'd actually rather deal him for a younger player. I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but Markov is older and if he wasn't paired with Subban we'd see how old he really looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Yes please. I want the General to retire a Hab.
Robinson, Roy, Lafleur... none of them retired a Hab. I don't see why we have to have Markov do this. I'd rather get something for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feintastic View Post
If he really wanna make big money then its easy to choose the KHL, I think he will stay in the NHL though.

My guess... The Habs will have to give him 6 milli per year

18 millions/3 years

or

24 millions/4 years
There's no way we should do either of those deals. Way too much cash. Hell, I wouldn't want to do it for longer than two years let alone four.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote