View Single Post
Old
11-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Crosby's in his prime, and he's only 26 years old... He MAY get injured, but if he doesn't he's guaranteed for at least 100 points for the next 5-6 seasons and most likely >80 for a number of seasons after that. I'm one of Subban's biggest fans, but anyone who wouldn't trade him for Crosby, regardless of "injury history", has no idea.
No idea that what???
Trade Subban for Crosby and who do we have on defense? a 35yo Markov? Other than him, who's there? Diaz??
And if he gets injured? We have absolutely nothing to show for. It's also not a question of whether or not he will get injured, it's more about when. I don't think Crosby will go on to have a healthy career. Guys that have had so many concussion issues don't usually end up playing an extra 10-15years.
As opposed to the center position where we have a possible franchise center in the making, with Eller and Plekanec as back up centers.

So maybe you're the one that has to think this through a little more. It's pretty simple to say ''Crosby is the best, therefore I'll take him'', but there's more to it than that.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote