View Single Post
Old
01-21-2004, 06:30 PM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
You're right that Martinek is not an UPGRADE. He is, however, fair value. Salvador is a 4/5 dman who has his limits, as is Martinek. Salvador is much more gritty, but Martinek is more mobile and better at carrying the puck. An upgrade, no. But, a reasonable deal if the Blues were in the market to get more mobile, and the Isles wanted to add grit.

And, Walker and a pick would not get your Martinek. The Isles would not give up a roster player for Walker.

Doesn't sound like there is a basis for a deal there involving these players, if you ask me.
I agree, there is no basis for a trade involving our lower end D men. If there was a D man exchange it would be a Baron based package for Niinimaa/Hamrlick. We would have to add another player(like Mayers), and probably a prospect like Sejna, and even then we'd have to catch Milbury in one of his "everyone on the team is bad, they all need to go" days. I don't think that our two teams are well matched for a trade. The Blues will be looking for salary dumps near the deadline(we don't have the assets to make fair market deals). Laurie has apparently OK'ed a raise in payroll(not known how much he will allow to be added) and will probably be looking at potential FA's like Bondra, Modry, Sanderson and Zhitnik.