View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 01:52 AM
Runner77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
I would say we are not close to winning a cup with this small team. We have to start moving pieces to get us bigger.
So I would deal Markov at the dead line for prospects or picks,and also tell him he is more then welcome to come back and sign with us in the summer. I would also give Diaz more pp time with Markov to boost his numbers and also trade him at the dead line.
In fact I would do that will all our up coming free agents.
MB needs to have a plan to gets us bigger....even if it is only guys for our 3 and 4 lines and also our 4,5 and 6 d-man.
We also need to eat DD contract and have only Gally as our only small top 6 forward. If we have small guys down on the farm with skill we bring them up at the start of next season and play them on the pp to stack some points and then trade them just like TB did with Cory Conacher to get bigger players.
Essentially, we have to become a conveyor belt operation in order to fast track our dwarfs and propel them on some other team in exchange for the bigger players they drafted over the dwarfs we saddled ourselves with.

I agree that Gallagher is the only small forward we should be rostering. How to get there sounds like a highly traumatic and uphill process -- not sure it's feasible, especially that we've seen another boatload of diminutive players get taken in the two drafts presided by Bergevin and more contracts doled out the likes of DD, Bouillon, Briere and acquiring another physical specimen in Thomas.

At times like these, I wish they had given the job to Pee-Air instead.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote