View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Not sure why Pacioretty always gets a free pass here. I mean, he's got all the tools and he's a beast in the gym but he's just as frustrating to watch as Rene Bourque. He goes on a tear for 4-5 games and then completely disappears for 10-15 games. He might be a model off the ice but his work ethics on the ice are questionable.

It's funny how Kovalev was criticized for showing up every X games but Pacioretty can disappear for longer stretches but yet can't be considered in a major trade.

You'd have to be crazy (or not watching the Jets) to not do Kane - Pacioretty straight up. Kane is way more consistent and plays with an edge. Sort of like Simmonds but with more skills. He's only 22 and still has time to mature.

The NHL is so conservative that guys like Subban and Kane stand out for being flashy and extraverted. They would be embraced in the NBA but they're a "distraction" in the NHL.

I won't hold my breath though because our GM obviously thought we had a great team in the offseason and didn't do anything and now it looks like he will extend every soft player we have so we can be a solid bubble team for the next few years.
I criticized Pacioretty the last week. He should be one of our best players and isn't.

That being said, short of being offered a Tyler Seguin type deal I don't see why we should entertain trading him. With his production, age and contract I would need a ridiculous offer to trade him. Kane is not a bad player, but the fact Winnipeg shops him every year throws up red flags. Maybe I'm interested in him but not for a guy like Pacioretty.