View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Latendresse also had a gazillion hits in his career, and he's still no more a PF than Pacioretty is. Kane fits more the mold of a traditional one but it's not a night and day difference as you make it seem. At even strength they are equal, while Pacioretty is deadly on the powerplay. You sound like Sens fans when bringing up the Norris trophy. The age argument, again, marginal at best. He's two years younger not three by the way, what a huge deal. Same for goal scoring.

So in conclusion, Kane is slightly better than Patches. That's great. It's still a redundant trade (but it probably won't as we'd have to give up an other asset making us losers) unless you think Pacioretty will be forever injury prone.

What I'd like is for us to get Kane AND keep Patches. But you know what, this rumor is bogus as hell, Kane's not even available I bet.
Are you really comparing Kane to Latendresse?

If you watch him play, you would now he is a REAL powerfoward. Not a fake one with a lot of hits like you seem to think. Anyone in the league knows that.

Of course in an IDEAL world, having both Kane and Pacioretty would be great but to get Kane, it will probably cost us Gallagher or Eller, who I would also rather keep.