View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Smoky Thompson

vCash: 500
I wish MaxPac would crash the net more, and use his big body more, I think most of us here would, but he's not that player. He'll lay the occasional hit, he had a few of them vs the Isles, but he's not that player.

He's a player that'll dominate possession, make his linemates better, shoots the puck at an insane rate, and scores goals. I think he'd be more effective with a right winger who'd go to the net. We all saw what happened when Briere went to the net vs the Bolts. In all honesty, if Galchenyuk were ready for center, Patches would have a lot more points right now playing with him and Gally.

What's funny is that when he's scoring 35 goals, 70 points, or leading our team in points, no one suggests we trade him. Especially when you realize you have a 70 point scorer for 4.5m throughout his prime. Quite frankly, he just hasn't had very good puck luck lately. Berkshire found that he's scoring on a mere 6% of his scoring chances, whereas over the past two seasons he'd score on approximately 17% of his scoring chances.

The goals will come folks, the goals will come.