11-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Funf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Streit-SOMEONE
Coburn-Grossmann
Gus-Schenn

There is also Alt who has been very impressive in the AHL and was a 2nd rounder.

Really to be a 'decent/average' NHL D (so in the 10-20 range) in that time they need to pick up a decent stop gap or make a trade for something more long term, or for Alt to step up and Gus to keep playing as he is and Schenn to get back to how he was.

Kimmo leaving will be a big loss, even this years Kimmo, he is still an awesome player in his own zone.

There are enough decent UFA guys who are top four to not worry too much, I imagine quite a few of them will make it all the way to UFA... but the key would be getting one who is not signed too long term or for too much, which is in my mind where the problem lies... if they could get a guy for 3 years at Streit kind of money I would not mind too much for a plug while the youngsters develop.

I trust the Flyers to go out and get one of the best available FAs... I just don't trust them to not overpay in money or years.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents?y...D&fa_type_id=2
This scares me. Kimmo said he hasn't ruled out playing next year but, even if he does... It won't be pretty. The upcoming UFA class doesn't look too young, either.