View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Part of the discussion was Neil Smith and how his Rangers teams usually ran lefty-righty.

Considering he hasn't been the GM in 13 years and his tenure goes back almost 25 years it would be difficult to discuss using only current events.

Though I am open to suggestions.
I've looked at this the last month, all teams run only Left-Right nowadays, unless they have no options. I've yet to see a single D, in like the last 20 games I've seen, that has played out of position that I would not characterize as an "emergency solution". IE a team that clearly just don't have 3 lefties and 3 righties. Often you see a leftie playing at RD because he just clearly is so much better than that team's nr 3 righty.

THere is a tremendous diffrence here compared to just 10-15 years ago. Here in Europe, you still see D's playing on the opposite side.

But in the NHL nowadays, you just has such disadvantage when you go into your own corner to fetch a puck and you don't have your stick pointing out towards the boards. Every time a puck is pushed up along the boards, a D on the wrong side is forced to go with his backhand while a D is storming at him.