Thread: Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Why don't you just read the posts on the game thread when he gave up the goal? Plenty of fans, with the exception of myself were ripping him for giving up a ridiculously soft goal no matter how you chose to spin it.

I'll state it again, Hank is part of a group of 4-5 goalies in the league who I would classify as the top net minders in hockey at present.

That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate him.
Allow me to explain my track of thought here, from what I could observe from your posts. Last game was one goal, in one game, that was considered a real softie by everyone. But somehow, it became - and I again quote you: "Hank gives up way too many of what most fans would classify as soft goals during the course of a season". Big difference. One softie transformed into a reoccuring theme, according to "most fans". That, is no correlation from reactions from one soft goal. That, is the train of thought why I think you're blowing stuff out of proportion.

I get that you're a passionate fan, but enough with this, alright? He allowed one softie, everyone agrees, but as for the rest? No, no and no. It's not the first time Lundqvist made a big mistake, neither will it be the last. Live with it. If Lundqvist allows too many softies, every goalie in the league allows too many softies and is not a problem you can correct whatsoever.

If you think Lundqvist actually gives up more softies than acceptable, have you considered that he plays alot more games and faces alot more shots than most goalies during the course of a season? It's like saying "men are worse drivers than women, because they are involved in more accidents." Well yes, that might happen to look true, unless you also take into account that men drive far more vehicles much further distances than women. If you look at the accidental average/ mile driven, the statement does not hold to be true. Same thing with Lundqvist compared to other goaltenders.

Last edited by Chimp: 11-15-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote