View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Stickchecked

vCash: 500
Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
That's the old school mentality. Most of the huge guys you see in the gym can't even throw a baseball properly but I consider lifting weights to be "their sport" so to each his own. If you want to be a better athlete, which most power lifters are not, the common consensus is doing training like cross fit, P90X, Insanity where you are doing your entire body, getting more flexible and working on your diet. The funny part about power lifters at the gym is when they sit there for 5 minutes in between sets, I don't remember playing a sport where I can say 'hold up, give me 5 minutes so I can recover and then we can continue". Not to mention power lifting is about a dirty a "sport" as there is out there. That said those big muscles do look good when you Hulk up out of your shirt when you hit the ring for a match with The Ultimate Warrior, brother.
In that same vein:

Since everyone says bodybuilding is counterproductive for hockey, what about Crossfit? Does anyone have experience with it? I'm sure it helps in regards to core strength and intensity, but where does it fall in the spectrum of ideal workout for hockey?

I'm open to being wrong but this is my personal bias: