View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 03:07 PM
electricjib

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Just a general question: who A) is considered better and B) has more upside: Tyson Barrie or Stefan Elliott?
It's gone back and forth over the years.

Barrie has played better overall at the pro level in general. In his own zone he's looked alright and improved over the last 3 years. I think he ended up leading our D core in scoring last year somehow

Elliot had a great start with the team 2 years ago maybe? He has a wicked wrist shot. His shots tend to find the net or goalie which is good. After a strong start his play fell off with the rest of the team. He seemed to struggle a bit with confidence. His first showing last year wasn't great, but by the end of the season he was playing pretty strong on the front and and back end. Elliot has started off playing great in the AHL based on reports.

I'd say it's a wash overall at this point.

Apparently he had a bad camp this year. Honestly I think Barrie and Elliot fell somewhat victim to attrition of the contracts they're on. Holden, Hunwick and Guenin would all have to go through waivers.

Roy kinda screwed the pooch telling Guenin to get a place in Denver, but it looks like he's locked down in Denver. Something will change soon IMO.