View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 05:39 PM
billingtons ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalupa Batman View Post
I have to admit that I haven't had the chance to watch Schneider as much as I'd like to (or as much as I've seen of 90% of contemporary goaltenders). Would you characterize him as an average puckhandler or a poor one?

Five shots prevented per game sounds awfully high (just from a sniff-testing perspective). Has someone gone to the trouble of logging Brodeur games to get an unbiased estimate? (I'd truly like to see the results).
I think that's why this year will be the real test. I want to see the difference between the two at the end of the year. If they come out even then I'm full of it. Seemingly in the career #s, Brodeur faces fewer shots per game but that could be the official scorer people talk about or just the D in front, or whatever. This year will be truly apples->apples.

I haven't seen enough of him except for the pre-season and regular season Devils games he's played this year, and maybe 5-10 total others with the Canucks, so I can't comment yet on his puckhandling.

I put him somewhere between a grenade handler like Bryz and King Hank - so the answer is, maybe slightly subpar?

He's cost us at least one goal this year so far, through an obvious mishandle.

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote