View Single Post
Old
11-15-2013, 08:02 PM
seventieslord
Student Of The Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
The book on Schneider is definitely "below average puck handler" and in the limited games I've seen of him so far, that seems accurate

It's not just shots prevented; it's shots for - with no prohibition on two-line passes, Brodeur's outlet passes definitely lead to offense. Brodeur looks like a better outlet passer than most of the defensemen on the team, but that's as much an indictment of the current crop of Devils defensemen as anything else.
A goalie corsi would sure be interesting. Especially since the shots Brodeur prevents never show up in stats the way people's eyes think they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billingtons ghost View Post
Fair enough. So instead of 10 guys ahead of Hrudey in 1989 (or 88 which seems to be around his peak) there were 5? I could go with that. But I guess if you go a few years to either side Hrudey could be anywhere from the 4th best to the 12th in the league.

I don't know if that warrants a top 60s spot.
I agree, it doesn't. If we're talking modern guys I'd have him somewhere between around McLean. After Burke and khabibulin. Ahead of potvin, puppa, and Theodore.

Also, I agree, he was about 4th to 12th for about ten years. Pretty solid.

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote