View Single Post
Old
11-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I have no issues trading him off and letting them play....if they've earned it.

But seriously, a playerr making 0.04% of a teams cap is tradeable. And RH PMDs, even a lesser one are always a trade asset.
There's no reason to sign him.
He did it with DD and it was a mistake. He did it with Emelin when he hasn't even played a game yet since injuring himself, that could easily become a mistake too, and I don't see the discount Emelin has given us by getting a 4year deal before returning.

Now with Diaz, again, there's just no rush to extend him, none. So why do it a month into the hockey season? Let's wait, let's see where we stand half year, let's see how Diaz progresses, let's see what other teams are in need of, let's just wait and freaking see.
Sure, signing him doesn't mean we can't trade him, but if we don't it does mean having him for next 3 years. Staying with the current status quo is just bad.
Even if Bergevin is banking on Tinordi/Beaulieu stepping up, there's nothing wrong in improving the team. If we have a bunch of #3-4D fighting for the same spot, then it only gives us assets to trade. I just don't see Diaz having a great value.