View Single Post
Old
11-16-2013, 01:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by er_gree View Post
Hey guys,
I'm kinda new to HF boards (last posted a couple of YEARS ago). Used to love the discussions happening here. I think that Bergevin should get rid of some of the "old guard" (i.e. Plekanec, Bouillon). I know Plek's is a consistent point geter but I think we need to make room for some fresh taken. I obviously think Desharnais' contract was a big mistake. From what I'm seeing from the team this year, it look alike we're in for a long season unless some major moves are made. How sweet would another top round pic look alongside Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and Eller?
Welcome back then.

I think you can get rid of Plekanec when someone can replace him without sacrificing major depth. In our case, we can't. Boullion and others? Absoutely.

As for another top pick. Oilers mastered this technique and its not working. I'm not opposed to strong asset management and getting 1st and 2nd rounders for assets we don't need but I'm not sure tanking is the way to go. In 2007 habs drafted McDonagh, Pacioretty and Subban. I'd take this type of talent again and it's not a top 5 pick. We can still compete and acquire talent.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote