View Single Post
Old
11-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I love Thrower, i think he's one of our best draft picks in years, and even during his off year last season i wasn't worried in the least. You can just tell by his style of play that he's going to be an NHLer. To me he's exactly what you you need in a slightly undersized defenseman; a guy who's offensive but tough as nails. See Kevin Bieksa and Andrew Ference. This is also why the rumour of the Habs re-signing Diaz makes me want to vomit. Soft players, especially d-man, just can't cut it in today's NHL. You need every player on your team to have at least a little bit of grit. Even Nygren in Hamilton has it.
Same here.

I mean, I thought we were starting a trend.

Tinordi 6'6, Beaulieu 6'2, Pateryn 6'3, Nygren 6'1, Dietz 6'1, Ellis 6'2. Thrower is 6'0, but he's one guy who plays like he's 6'4.

Emelin at 6'2, Subban at 6'0, but he's obviously a star... We have players with size, toughness, physicality. They can skate and move the puck. Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn will likely need full time NHL jobs next season. Nygren might as well.

Gorges, Emelin, Subban*, Markov* That leaves 2 spots, which is still fine. 1 more season wouldn't hurt for either 3, but 1 more season for all might.

Diaz, at times, makes the play you wouldn't expect him to and he blocks a ton of shots, which you wouldn't really expect either. However, he's pushed off the puck easily and even makes it so he's 2nd into the corner. His shot is pretty weak and it's usually into shin pads, or wide.