View Single Post
Old
11-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Istvan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
You deserve a serious answer because much of what you're saying is reasonable. Yes, it makes sense to help DD succeed rather than let him sink like a stone. That's smart management in any business. Thing is, it can be done in doses, by giving him, say, 10 minutes instead of 18. Unless there's a trade brewing today or tomorrow, there was no reason to put Desharnais on display for so long. He simply hasn't earned it.

I agree with you that Habs fans are ridiculously impatient. We've got a strong young core, with a top-10 group of prospects getting closer to the NHL. The EGG line didn't regress from last year as people feared, they've improved, plus we've added Bournival. If Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn develop well we WILL be in good shape. Our best players are our young players, which is exactly where we want to be if we're aiming to contend in a couple of years. Meanwhile, do we have to suck it up and watch the team lose? Maybe. I still think we'll make the playoffs, but it'll be a rough road to get there. One step back to take two steps forward and all that...

Easy to say, harder to digest after such a frustrating game.
I've been a fan since 1965 and had the good fortune of seeing the Habs win a number of Cups over the years. I consider myself a patient fan and have suffered through many seasons of somewhat boring, uninspired, inept teams. However, being patient doesn't mean unrequited support for what appear to be poor management decisions. I'm lukewarm on the signings of Briere, Parros and Murray. If it's likely to be a losing/rebuilding season i'd rather groom the younger prospects at the NHL level. Tinordi and Beaulieu would likely be no worse than Boullion and Murray while they develop. The timing of the DD extension is inexplicable. The hiring of MT was out of left field for me. On the bright side management recognized that Bournival was close to ready and he is working out nicely. The unique cultural pressure faced by the Habs has led to some suboptimal decisions ( Louis Leblanc , Chelios for Savard etc.). The club is a Rosetta Stone away from consistent Red Wing-like competitivness.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote