View Single Post
Old
11-17-2013, 12:30 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
Our veterans are struggling and I dont expect that to change. Bourque and Gionta are way too inconsistent. Pleky doesnt have much supporting cast besides if Max Pac gets going. I would love to do a trade.
We do need to make several trades. But that's not likely to happen now.

I always refer back to the Bruins when talking about a team to emulate and model. We have enough talent on this team. We just do not have execution or a plan to execute scoring.

Boston is very good at isolating and exploiting two on ones. Not an odd man rush, but two on ones while in possession of the puck in the offensive zone. They do this with cycling and give and goes. There is ALWAYS a Bruins player skating toward the net anticipating a pass from anywhere in the O zone.

Our PP at times is a thing of beauty with players constantly moving and with great passing. But when we get to 5 on 5, the puck movement and player movement stops. We no longer have a player (like Markov does on the PP) skating in toward the net on the weak side looking for an easy shot.

Simple fix but it requires effort on behalf of the coaching staff at practice to develop, practice and refine an offensive system.....exactly like the Bruins'........to exploit our quickness.

Dump and chase and perimeter shooting will not get it done.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote