View Single Post
Old
11-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I want to meet these people, if they exist. I want to hear them say they put language over success. I want to see it in person so I can laugh in their faces at their stupidity.
Problem is that a coach isn't a player. There's just NO WAY unless your name is Babcock that you can associate coach AND success right of the get go. Roy = Success. Now...who in here called him an idiot? Who in here said that we might be going for him ONLY because he speaks french? Who here wanted Hitchcock? Can we pull off every coaching thread we ever created when it was time to choose and can we see how in their right mind suggestd Hitchcock? Who talked about Jon Cooper? Yet, the day I have a choice between Francis Bouillon and Shea Weber...well yes....THEN it's obvious. But coach? Sorry, no way to know. So language comes in as an important criteria? The only one? No, cause if it would, Richard Martel would have been a candidate....Pascal Vincent also etc. So language DOES not make an average candidate become a great one. Never did. Out of our last coaches, Julien and Vigneault are still coaching. Therrien had a chance to coach after his first stint with us. Only Carbo didn't. Gainey isn't a coach. Cunneyworth is a scout.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote